would anyone be surprised? - found out what it is

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: would anyone be surprised? - found out what it is
From: Jeff Gruber <jgruber@demainsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 08:13:30 -0500
The number on the side is the body number.  I didn't know there was such a
thing, but the Roadster Factory catalog has an explanation of it.  What's
missing is the plate on the side that is supposed to have the commission
number.  It would seem the previous owner removed it so they could install
kick-panel speakers or there never was a second commission number.

Would anyone be surprised to find out (like I was) that the comission
numbers on my spit, don't match?

the one on the windshield is different from the one on the left side of the
body, even though my manual says they should be the same.  The one on the
side of the body is screwed in place instead of riveted.

Anyone have an opinion on what that means?

Jeff "Mulitple-personality Spit Disorder" Gruber