Re: Hub Removal Tool

To: "Spitfire list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hub Removal Tool
From: "Aidan Corcoran" <spitfire@acquirer.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 11:38:22 +0100
> ... lots of conversation about the hub tool

In Ireland, the local Triumph Classic Owners Club (Joe Curry's database has
a link) has a hub puller that they lend out. It makes the job painless and
easy for one person to do. I brought my hubs around to a few engineering
type places to see if they would press off the hubs and they all said no. I
did get one place to press in the bushings on my rear spring for about
US$15. The puller was easy to use and worked first time.

I have a photo of it if anyone's interested, off list.

I'm sure that some of the US and UK clubs have sets of "Club Tools" of which
the puller is bound to be one. If not some-one in the club is bound to own
such a thing.

Anyway my two (euro) cents

Aidan
Mk 2 FC 83365 (New dynamo arrived today from TD Fitchett - there's next
weekend all used up)