Re: paint codes

To: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: paint codes
From: J Constantino <jjcon2@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:55:38 -0700 (PDT)
I remember reading an account of a famous british
driver who was at a German race in the 50s.  His car
was not painted correctly and a German race official
started to give him a hard time about it.  The Brit
driver pointed to a silver porsche and said "What
about his paint job, isn't it supposed to be white?"

The German race official dropped his protests (not
wanting to get the German Porsche team
disqualified)and that was the begining of the end for
the National Paint schemes...

If I had a few days, I might be able to find the
article.

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/