New Smiths gauge for my Triumph

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: New Smiths gauge for my Triumph
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 17:28:01 -0700 (PDT)
My new Smith's Air to Fuel Ratio sensor (carb
enrichment gauge).

http://www.geocities.com/firespiter/smithsairfuel.jpg

It's actually just a Nordskog analog air/fuel gauge
that I crammed into a triumph Temp gauge housing
(which I got at at the Bowie British car show for $5),
and then used spray paint and model car/airplane
rub-on letters to modify the stenciling, to match my
other Triumph gauges.

Spare the critiques. I know the letters are all uneven
on the cover plate, but I got tired of laying down
tape to line up the letters(lazy actually; it took an
hour to do the LEAN and RICH evenly spaced and
line-up) . And from a distance it will look fine.

Thanks for the tip on these Nordskog gauge, Larry!
(I'd been looking for months for an air/fuel guage
that would fit in a 2" housing.)

TOTAL LAYOUT-
Old temp gauge: $5
Can of black spray paint (had on hand): $4
Block letter rub-ons: $5.20
Nordskog gauge and sensor: $90

-Terry
'76 Spitfire 1500 ; running well between torrential
downpours (sp). (Still need a weld-on bung for the sensor)
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/