Re: V8 spitfire on ebay

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>, "Dave Chu" <dave@ece.concordia.ca>
Subject: Re: V8 spitfire on ebay
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:21:20 -0700
A couple of other observations we've made over at the Totally Triumph Network
(formerly Totally Triumph Garage):  Original suspension config, original
brakes (woefully inadequate for that kind of weight and torque), no mention of
anything modified in the drive train behind the transmission, etc.  Whoever
bids on this car should expect to have to make a few more mods.  Looks like a
fun ride, though....

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 project
The Totally Triumph Network forums  -- organized, illustrated, friendly!
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
and the Totally Triumph Classifieds -- photo ads with advanced features
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi

Note that the: "urethane frame bushings" pictured in the description are
actually the mountings for the side pipes and not the frame.  Also the
"WOLFRACE" allow wheels sure look like the Appliance wheels I had on my First
Spit (Huxley) when I got it.  The center caps are the same as well.

Joe