Re: Used Tonneau Cover

To: "Richard B Gosling" <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>,
Subject: Re: Used Tonneau Cover
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 18:57:57 -0400
Richard B Gosling worte:

> The snaps to attach at the front are lift-the-dot fastenings - these
attatch to
>  little metal posts about an inch high with a slight bulge in the middle,
that
>  are either side of each windscreen vent.
>
> Richard
Are you sure about that Richard? On my Spitfire (70 Mk3) the front snaps are
an eyelet that fits over a post that is much larger than the standard LTD.
The side and rear fastners are the standard female snap fastners fitting
over male snap fastners on the body. I believe these are correct because I
ordered the factory parts listing for the eyelets to repair the tonneu and
received the same eyelets.

My TR4 uses the LTD fastners on the rear and snap fastners along the sides
and at the front on the dash.

Cheers
Keith

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
   |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road
   |   \_/   |        London, Ontario
   | 62 | TR4|        N5X 2K2
   | 67 |TR4A|        Canada
   | 70 |Spit|        Home:    (519)660-1916
 __|    |Mk3 |__      E-Mail:  kstewart@wwdc.com
 \T \___|___/ H/      (and a 68 Triumph Trophy 250)
  \ R I U M P /