Re: Fwd: Distributor Cam Rotates

To: Bobpcoe@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: Distributor Cam Rotates
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 17:03:20 -0700
Bobpcoe@aol.com wrote:

> I think I may be narrowing my problem down with the help from one lister
> (Donald ).
> My cam at the base just beneath the rotor arm spins freely but does not turn
> when the distributor is turning. I have taken the distributor apart there
> seems no mechanism to secure the cam on the shaft. There are 4 slots at the
> base of the cam but these don't lock into anything? has anybody got this type
> of distributor apart and can tell me how it secures?

I am totally lost on this issue.  If you answer the following questions, I'll
see if I can help.

1.  What Distributor are we talking about?  There are at least 4 different ones
used on Spits.

2.  Please describe in more detail the parts in question.  I cannot visualize
which ones you are talking about from your description.

Regards,
Joe