Re: Rimmer Bros.

To: Frank Drummond <frandrum@voicenet.com>
Subject: Re: Rimmer Bros.
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 15:42:28 -0500
Hi Frank,

I bought the Big Bore SS Quiet Sports exhaust system for my 1500. It is a very
nice system and the workmanship is very good. The system included a 4-2 header,
a 2-1 middle piece with small muffler, then the pipe back to the main muffler.
It sounds very good, just about the same as the standard muffler.

I did run into one problem during installation, well two actually. It is nearly
impossible to put the header on without lifting the engine off its mounts. The
header just won't fit between the frame and engine due to the shape of the
header. Once installed, it fits fine at this spot.

The other problem was related to the intake manifold (Pierce manifold for a
Weber DGV) hitting the front pipe of the exhaust header. I filed a small amount
off the edge of the intake and then did some percussive persuasion on the
exhaust pipe. The final result is a very close fit.

As for dealing with Rimmers, I found them very professional and helpful on the
phone and emails. I did the deal when they had reduced shipping costs to US and
Canada. Then I got a 50# coupon, good for any order as a bonus. Too bad I never
used it before it expired.

The parts were well packaged and nothing was damaged.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario

http://www.vicwhit.com