RE: Mirrors...

To: "'Andre Rousseau'" <andrer@mac.com>,
Subject: RE: Mirrors...
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 11:34:47 -0000
My understanding is that (for most European countries at least) a drivers
side mirror is required, passenger side is optional.  Daffy has both,
although I do not know if the passenger one was fitted from new.

Having said that, I've had a look at the sales brochures on Eric Kieboom's
site ( http://www.xs4all.nl/~ekieboom/spit/brochures.html ), and the
Dutch/Flemish Mk III and earlier Mk IV brochures do, indeed, show cars with
no mirrors.  All the later brochures show drivers side only.

So it seems quite possible that, in some countries, door/wing mirrors were
not obligatory up to around 1970?

Richard & Daffy
Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email