Re: Paint colour

To: andrer@mac.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paint colour
From: "L G" <boynigel@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 16:55:08 +0000
>So I need a paint colour that will hide these flaws.
>
>Will a dark colour hide them better than a light colour?
>
>A.
>--
>Andre Rousseau
>'68 GT6 - Ottawa

A darker colour will accentuate the body flaws.

I was talking to a retorer the other day, and was commenting on how at the
Petersen Auto Museum, they have so many Spitfire models that are black, but
I'd actually never even seen a Spitfire with the original colour was black.
He said that's because so few were ever made. The way the Brits did it was,
(And this went for A-M and Jag too)-if a car came down the line that had a
really flawless, straight body-it got black paint-otherwise, they were done
in their regular colours.

The darker and glossier the paint-the more flaws it'll show.

Too bad too, as black is the cheapest colour you can buy!

HTH,

Laura G.