Paint colour

To: Andre Rousseau <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Paint colour
From: "Livia I. Haasper" <wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 20:04:18 -0500
Hi Andre,
it is our experience that white colours will show rust very easily. Dark
colours will show imperfections.
How much rust do you have and where is most of it located?
Wilf has been in auto body collision and restoration  for some 35 years
but he is  not an expert in painting. His paint knowledge is therefore
limited. We do however paint our own cars.
The products  mentioned work only to some degree. Eventually the rust
will prevail and give you problems. Surface rust is relatively easy to
deal with, while rust in boxed in panels or welds is hard to fight.
Before painting try to eliminate as much rust as possible.
Do you have access to purchase paint? You may consider using a product
like Sikkens Autocryl, it fills in certain small imperfections while
base coat-clear coat is unforgiving, it shows more flaws. Paint
suppliers here in Ontario are not allowed to sell  paint products and
solvents to the general public. We may be able to help. Contact us if
you can't get the paint. If you would like to talk to Wilf call at 613
257 5742.
Hope this helps. Wilf and Liv Haasper