Re: speed vision

To: "Bill Gunshannon" <bill@cs.scranton.edu>,
Subject: Re: speed vision
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 13:55:02 -0500
Bill Gunshannon wrote:

> Direct-TV??
>
> The only thing that comes into my house on a broadband cable is the
INTERNET.

Direct TV is one of the Satellite Antennae TV companies (pizza box size
dish). The same company also does internet via Direct PC-same dish,
different receiver. The internet one goes out on regular modem and comes
back at high speed via satellite (most of the data flow is reception so this
results in a much faster download).

I don't know about the TV version, but I have seen the internet version
working in an office building with the dish sitting INSIDE the office,
pointed out the window toward the satellite. Could be worth looking into for
the TV reception if in fact you cannot have an outside dish.

Cheers
Keith

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
   |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road
   |   \_/   |        London, Ontario
   | 62 | TR4|        N5X 2K2
   | 67 |TR4A|        Canada
   | 70 |Spit|        Home:    (519)660-1916
 __|    |Mk3 |__      E-Mail:  kstewart@wwdc.com
 \T \___|___/ H/      (and a 68 Triumph Trophy 250)
  \ R I U M P /