Re: { NASS } 1500 engine differences?

To: <nass@yahoogroups.com>, <spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: { NASS } 1500 engine differences?
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 21:17:51 -0500
I think John K can confirm the detuning of the cam
of the later (post '76) cams

The pistons from a '76 (flat top) fit exactly the same as any
other Spit piston (model specific)
I put flattop piston is Whitey ('75) without thinking twice about
it.  Yep... just the piston dish difference.
The idea (for one year anyway) was to burn it hotter
along with all the various vacuum controls and throttle
activated EGR control and the like to try and burn
more effectively.  ....obviously didn't
work as the cat. was added in '77 to clean up emissions

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com