Re: 1500 engine differences?

To: Jon <triumph@bigolbear.com>
Subject: Re: 1500 engine differences?
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 19:46:10 -0700
Jon,
the only difference in the Midget 1500 block and a Spitfire 1500 block is that
P in the serial number (Spits are FM and Midgets are FP)

Of course there were other differences in things that were bolted on, but the
blocks are identical.

I had one that came out of Huxley my street/show Mk1 Spit before I restored it.
 I wondered why the serial number was different until I discovered
that it was from a Midget.

Joe