Fw: the cop chase --A Little Levity

To: "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: the cop chase --A Little Levity
From: "Frank Drummond" <frandrum@voicenet.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 01:44:03 -0500
  A guy bought a sweet TR 6 and was out on the back roads for a nice
  evening drive. As the needle jumped up to 55 mph he suddenly saw a
  flashing red and blue light behind him.

  Confident he could outrun or out manuever the police car, be began to drive
faster. The
  needle hit 60, 65, 70 and finally 75 with the lights still behind
  him."What am I doing?" he thought and pulled over.

  The cop came up to him, took his license without a word and examined it
  and the car. "I've had a tough shift and this is my last pull over. I
  don't feel like more paperwork, and I did enjoy chasing you like that,
  so if you can give me an excuse for your driving that I haven't heard
  before you can go."

  "Last week my wife ran off with a cop,"  the man said,  "and I was
  afraid you were trying to give her back."

  "Have a nice night," said the officer and went home.