Re: rumble from rear left wheel

To: spitlist <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rumble from rear left wheel
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 06:29:57 -0800 (PST)
James,

I think this is most likely one of the universal joints on the half
shaft, best get them replaced.  Could be nasty if they let go when your
going at speed...  They are only cheap (#7 each), labour will be a bit
more tho.

Others with more knowledge may correct me tho...

One thing I have learnt by now is that Spitfires *never* 'go right'!

cheers
John

--- James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk> wrote:
> Just when I thought I'd sorted everything out.....
>
> There's a rumble from the rear left wheel when I the car's going left.
> It doesn't happen when I go right. And the rear right doesn't do the
> same when going right.
>
> Probably a real simple answer......
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/