Re:push starting - was lights on alarm etc.

To: "Spitfire Bulletin Board (E-mail)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:push starting - was lights on alarm etc.
From: Alan Lemen <ralemen@cableone.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 21:51:34 -0700
Push stating is easy except when  you are in the small underground
garage of a German hotel with lights that turn out after about 15
seconds. It wasn't the Spitfire but a rental Golf. The wall gets close
very quickly when you are on your own trying to get the car started
before it hits the other wall and you can't see the wall as the lights
keep going out .......
Suffice to say the car did not have a warning device. Turned out to be a
stuck switch or the rear hatch light so even a warning device would not
have helped.

Also did fit one of those (cost a couple of dollars at an auto parts
store) on my Honda Civic I used to have after I left the lights on that
car the first time.  My previous car had the warning buzzer. Hey you
don't hear a buzzer so the lights must be off. Right?

Alan