Re:push starting - was lights on alarm etc.

To: Alan Lemen <ralemen@cableone.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:push starting - was lights on alarm etc.
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:51:03 -0500
Once I had a small Datsun, and it needed a push, but it was stuck
facing down on a slope, with the front wheels against a curb.
And there was nobody else around to help me push it.
So I jacked up a rear wheel, put the car in gear, took a piece of rope
from the trunk, wrapped it a couple of times around the jacked-up wheel,
and gave a mighty pull.  It started right up.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit