Didn't like him much, so we're giving him back

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Didn't like him much, so we're giving him back
From: HD883HUGGR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:50:18 EST
Yes, friends, the Flying Limey himself, Mr. Dean Dashwood, has effectively
irritated everyone in the Phoenix area, so this evening he will be shuttled
by armed escort to a Boeing 747 and shipped back to London.  From that point
on, it will be up to Her Majesty to determine what to do with him.

The Phoenix Gazette, in a Page 2 article, referred to Dashwood as "the
quintessential Spitfire driver...friendly, articulate, fun to be around.  Not
100 percent right in the head, but possessing a good sense of humor and a
desire to swing wrenches.  A good companion and a trusted friend."  The
Arizona Republic, however, simply referred to him as "that bloke from the
UK."

>From my own experience: should you ever have the opportunity to spend time
with him, especially if he's controlling the stick of an aeroplane, I highly
recommend it.  He's quite the guy, and I'm going to really miss having him
around.

Scott (& Hobbs, 77 Spit, whose new GM Alternator conversion was made possible
thru the talents of Mr. Dashwood).