RE: Compressor size

To: "'Jeff McNeal'" <jmcneal@ohms.com>,
Subject: RE: Compressor size
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 08:29:43 -0500
Folks,

You need to look at the most important part of an air compressor !

The CFM rating.

A tank the size of a 68 Caddy will not help a small compressor unit.

Check the CFM usage numbers on the tools, and equipment that you will be
using.

Analogy would be a lawnmower carb on a Spit.

CFM relates to the amount of air the tools eats.

I have a body air file that will run off of my little Emglo unit, I also
have a small 6" DA sander that will NOT run.

The CFM of the file is half of the DA.

So while all of you are checking voltage, HP, and the like, the MAIN thing
is the CFM.