Su Throttle cable

To: "'Spit list'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Su Throttle cable
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 06:06:18 -0500
I hooked up most of the stuff for the HS2's last night for my 71 Spit.
I ran into a major problem with the throttle cable.
After adjusting and resetting the rods I found that I do not have enough
travel on the cable to pull the butterfly's wide open.
I am still using the original L shaped throttle rod, I am attaching the
cable to one end and the other finger of the rod is just below the choke
rod.
When I press the throttle the travel will not take the butterfly's past
about 7/8 wide open.
I have thought about drilling another hole in the finger closer to the rods
to get more travel.
I remounted the bracket 3 times trying to see if that was the problem, NOT !
I laid awake last night trying to figure this out, so I am damn cranky
today...
Has anyone had the same problem ?

Craig Smith
Industrial Electric Wire and Cable Inc.