Re: Test drive successful

To: j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Test drive successful
From: "George P." <ygpz4re@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 11:23:24 -0400
James Carruthers answered:

>Great news George!
>

>1) Whine? Diff? Did you change air filters?

Well, I had a K&N on the Weber and now I have K&Ns on the dual SUs, so....
Don't really think it's the diff (though that, too, will soon need
servicing) as the sound is coming from up front.

***FT*** - is there anyone here in our area that you would recommend for
diff servicing??

>2) No idea on the oil pressure...

I suspect it's ok.

>3) Probably the cam... and the needle profile - what needles did you
>change to?

AAE.  Per recommendation from Joe Curto in NYC.  Had ABT (rec. for stock
1500), but running was very weak.  Talked to Joe Curto on the phone, he
asked lots of questions about what I had done to the car and recommended the
AAE needles.  HUGE difference!  I might just need to make one more swap to
get the low end power....

>4) Checked the butterfly valves? Do they have the anti run on valves? Or
>perhaps youre just running too rich...

Yes, I think they do have the anti-run-on valves, though what's on there
doesn't really look like what I see in the shop manual illustrations.  But
they aren't just flat, either.  Could be rich, not sure yet.

>5) Check the float valves... sounds like your running rich somewhere...

I've replaced the float valves and have a pressure regulator in-line between
the pump and carbs.  The regulator is set at about 2.5psi (I think....).
Not sure about this one.

>congrats!

Thanks!  I *am* excited....  ;-)

>James