Transmission Noise?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Transmission Noise?
From: "Kenneth Willanger" <ken_willanger@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 05:59:16 -0700
Hi Listers,

I'm in need of some assistance.

I just installed a factory rebuilt transmission in my 1979 Spitfire along
with a new clutch and a new clutch release bearing.  The transmission seems
to be shifting fine.  I've also have got my overdrive working properly
again.

The problem is that when I get the car up to around 3500 RPM I start getting
a kind of clattering noise?  If I push the clutch in there is no noise.
Also, it seems like if I just stomp on the gas and go through the gears I
don't notice the noise nearly as much, if at all.

Does this sound like it could be the clutch or the clutch release bearing or
is my Transmission Faulty?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ken W.