RE: 1st startup of rebuilt engine

To: "'Kevin Rhodes'" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1st startup of rebuilt engine
From: "Craig Smith" <csmith1@awcwire.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 10:09:59 -0400
Getting oil in all the nooks and cranny's is a very good thing!
On most of my rebuilds I have used an old dizzy without the gears to spin
the pump with a drill. This brings the pressure up and the engine gets lubed
very well.

Also, make sure when it does get running that you run it at around 2,000 RPM
for about 10 mins if you have replaced the lifters. This gives the lifters a
chance to get seated. Watch for leaks, water temp etc.

It's a wonderful feeling when all of your hard work comes to life!

Good luck