Re: Stock manifold vs. 4-1 header

To: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stock manifold vs. 4-1 header
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:04:17 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@mde.state.md.us>

> So why does a Spitfire apparently have a problem with theirs?  I don't
> know.  Don't see enough of the Spitfires two piece manifolds over on
> this side of the pond to really judge.  I simply find it peculiar and
> suspect there's something else involved in the problem, if there really
> is a problem.

I'm sure that this list's experiences are somewhat distorted by the largely US
presence - the home market 1500 manifold joint is a very real problem to those
of us who've lived with it. One of the most popular items I sell from my trade
counter at Triumph shows is the downpipe gasket for the 1500 - most buyers take
2 so they have a spare to keep in the glovebox.
    I would be very interested to hear from any owners who HAVEN't had a
problem with the downpipe gasket.
        Cheers,
            Bill.

--