Re: Stock manifold vs. 4-1 header

To: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stock manifold vs. 4-1 header
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:56:59 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@mde.state.md.us>

> The US stock exhaust manifold is not a particularly good flowing unit.
> It's just a big blob of iron that the exhaust gasses get to fight around
> in before wandering their way down the pipe, particularly the #4
> cylinder.  The UK stock manifold on the other hand, is essentially a
> well made iron topped tri-Y header, and is very hard to beat.

Hi Nolan,
    Is that the 1300 UK manifold with the single downpipe or the 1500 with the
twin pipes? The latter is extremely troublesome with downpipe gaskets blowing
every 3000 miles or so. I've no idea how efficient it is, just a warning to
anyone who's tempted to seek out a UK spec manifold,
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics