ZS carbs running lean...SOLVED!... New question?

To: "spitfires@autox.team" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: ZS carbs running lean...SOLVED!... New question?
From: "mikeross" <mikeross@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 23:28:31 -0400
Thanks to Terry, Doug, Paul, Jim, Atwell and Don for your help.  It turns out
that one of the carbs' needles  had been unscrewed at some time in the past.
In fact, the screw cap that moves the needle up and down was broken or
stripped.  I had one carb set full lean and the other full rich.

Fortunately I have several spare old ZS carbs and was able to substitute an
air valve piston/needle that moved smoothly in the body of the carb.  Now all
is well, and the carbs are tuned and engine running smoothly.

New question:  how do you remove the needle adjusting screw/cap thingy inside
the piston and replace it.  I see them in the VB catalogue, but can't figure
out how to get the broken one out of the piston.

Mike