RE: 1147cc tune-up carb problems

To: "Spitfire List \(E-mail\)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1147cc tune-up carb problems
From: "Tim Benner" <tbenner@woh.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:42:17 -0400
As Columbo used to say...one more thing.

Is it possible to run too rich at idle and too lean at speed?  The reason I
pose this question is that in playing with the carb linkage a few minutes
ago I noticed that the throttle shafts seem a little loose in their
bearings.  They can be jiggled up and down.  Not an extreme amount but they
do look loose.  Maybe a packing little bit of grease on the shafts where
they enter the carb body would make a quick test of this theory... or am I
thinking too hard?

Thanks again to all.

Tim Benner
1965 MK2