New Weber install problems

To: spitfires@autox.team.net (Spitfires)
Subject: New Weber install problems
From: s1500@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:54:15 +0000
Hey there. It's been awhile since I've been subscribed to the list. Been busy
(new house, new car, etc).

Anyways, I've finally gotten around to installing a new Weber DGV 32/36 carb
and 4-2-1 header. Running into some problems though.

When I start the car, it fires, but instantly dies.
If I keep it revved, the engine runs, but as soon as I let go of the pedal, it
stalls and dies.
If i pull out the choke, the RPMS go up like crazy.(this is my first time with
a manual choke).
When I press down on the pedal, the rpms don't exactly conform to what I hit.
It kinda waves up and down unpreditcably, not unlike my tachometer.

I've messed with the mixture and idle setting screw, but to no avail. I've
done my best to confirm there are no vacuum leaks(put on the mounting nuts
tight).

Any ideas? I'm totally stuck on this. Do I have to set the float levels to
something specific, and if so, how much?
Any ideas?