New Weber problems, '79 Spitfire

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: New Weber problems, '79 Spitfire
From: s1500@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 19:15:48 +0000
(hoping this mail goes through)

I just installed a new Weber DGV 32/36, manual choke & 4-2-1 header on a '79.

I hooked everything up, checked for leaks(none), but it doesn't wish to
idle.

Symptoms:

If I start it up, it fires, but dies instantly.
If i start it up with choke pulled out, RPMS go like crazy.
If I keep revving it, it runs. But the RPMs have a mind of their own, going
up and down as it pleases.

The only thing I haven't mucked around with is the fuel floats. What do I
need to set it to?

When this thing's done, it should hopefully blow the doors off the old
Stromberg.