RE: Propshaft and Diff play - parts for sale

To: "'James Carruthers'" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Propshaft and Diff play - parts for sale
From: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 15:08:30 +0100
James,

Unless the diff is locked, or a super limited-slip-type one, I would not be
at all surprised if your wheels spin at different rates while off the ground
- the chances that the drag from bearings and brake adjustment is absolutely
identical on both sides is low!  I would guess that your brakes are a little
looser on one side or the other - I am amazed how often it is possible to
tighten the brakes up if you try and do it regularly.

I guess loose nuts on the driveshaft could cause your knocking sound.  Nyloc
nuts, and lock washers, both loose their effectiveness if undone and done up
several times, so I always try and use new ones whenever I dismantle
anything.

As for spare 1500 bits, can't think of anything I need urgently (apart from
a whole new tub ;) ), but I'll have a think about it.

Richard & Daffy

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected.
If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing
stated in this communication shall be legally binding.