Vegaman Dan and Giles Return!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Vegaman Dan and Giles Return!
From: Dan Canaan <flinters@roomies.furry.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 20:05:05 -0800 (PST)
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!

There's many things that one can live without in your life... food, air,
sleep...  But a Spitfire is not one of them.  I went from a big two car
garage with all the pretty shop tools to a two bedroom apartment and a
small toolbox missing most of my favorite tools.

I still have Giles.

Giles may be in many pieces and needs a lot of work.  He's got a lot of
problems.  He is somewhat very much like myself.  But that Triumph, like
myself, are still here after various tribulations in my recent life.

Giles now resides in a storage unit near my apartment.  It's a very car
friendly place with a Kharmann Ghia across from me and a GTO (Sorry, not
quite a GT6) just down the row.  When I scouted out there area, seeing
someone actively doing bodywork on the Pontiac made me feel at home.

Today I finally the Spit unpacked after its recent move.  Cleaned of all
its spares, I got to look at what I need to do.  Mostly I need to get my
tools back together.  Not much you can do without things like pliers,
screw drivers, knife, etc.  I've misplaced things along the way.

Clutch hydraulics.  Got a nice clean master cylinder and a repair kit to
assemble.  Clutch slave unit is another matter.  I have one.  I had three,
but I can only find one now and it has the clamp plate for it still
attached....and that's broken.  Anyone have the clamp assembly for the
slave cylinder to bolt to the bell housing?  I need to find the right
steel line as well.  I should have it mixed with the various lines, but
haven't found the right combination quite yet.

I need so many little things.  I also need to get rid of stuff I know I
won't be using like extra water pumps for late models and such.  Extra
straters and generators.  Darn heavy things.

Anyways, it was great to clean out the car.  And see what I need to do.
Carpets, interior panels, etc.  Oh, seats.  And, um.... everything else.

Spitui!

-Vegaman Dan