RE: Fw: worth a read

To: "'Dan Canaan'" <flinters@roomies.furry.com>,
Subject: RE: Fw: worth a read
From: "DASHWOOD, Dean, FM" <Dean.Dashwood@rbos.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:12:54 -0000
-----Original Message-----
From: spitfires-owner@autox.team.net [mailto:spitfires-owner@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Dan Canaan
Sent: 28 October 2003 15:32
To: Fred Thomas
Cc: Triumphs; spitfires

> Hotel keys have two bits of info:  Room number and expiration time.

I assumed it was even less than that?  I thought that the key just contains
a key number, and there's a database which contains a list of which keys
activate which doors?  Otherwise, it wouldn't be possible to cancel a "lost"
card from the reception desk.

And anyway, all this information which is supposedly stored on your key is
all on the hotel's computer anyway, so if any member of staff really wanted
it they could print it off the computer and put it in their pocket.

Dean

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc is registered in Scotland No 90312
Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB
             Regulated by the Financial Services Authority

            Visit our website at http://www.rbs.co.uk/CBFM/