'79 Spitfire available

To: "NASS" <nass@yahoogroups.com>, "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: '79 Spitfire available
From: "Bill Gingerich" <wrgingerich@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 17:49:24 -0600
Greetings, Fellow Listers.

An acquaintance of mine has asked me to try drumming up some interest in his
Spitfire.  Here is the story:  It was a gift from his wife for his 50th
birthday.  The car had some transmission & wiring issues that were not
divulged buy the seller.  Over the last 8 years he has spent more time
having it fixed than he would have liked.  He has now decided that a Miata
might be better, at least for reliability.  The Spit is a '79 with approx
45,000 miles on the clock.  The speedo stopped working a year or so ago, but
the car hasn't been driven much since.  He says the engine runs well, but
I've not seen it run.  Car has functioning OD, and rebuilt/refurbished
transmission with new reverse gear.  The rest of the running gear has been
gone through.  At least part of the wiring harness has been replaced, but I
don't know if it was the main, body or both.  Interior is decent.  I haven't
checked the top.  Car has been repainted red.  Looks good from 15 feet.
Body is solid with no visible rust on the wings, right rocker, bonnet or
doors.  There is some small bubbling on the left rocker.  Surface rust on
the floors, but no holes that I could see.  There is a small dent on the
right front fender lip.  Also included is a factory hardtop.  Any work on
the car has been performed by a local shop that gets good reviews from the
LBC crowd.  He's asking $4000, but hinted that was negotiable.  NFI on my
part.  I'd consider buying it if I had the money.  If you're interested you
can call Randy Fredrikson at 715-386-5296.  Located in Hudson, WI.  I can
arrange to get pictures for anyone who is seriously interested.  Randy would
like the car to go to someone who can really appreciate it.  That's why I'm
posting all this.  Thanks, and sorry to infiltrate your mailboxes.

BillG  NASS #133
'74 Spit
'73 Spit
'71 GT6