RE: Spring Compressor

To: "'Kirk Crawford'" <kirkbcrawford@kirkanddonna.com>,
Subject: RE: Spring Compressor
From: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:29:24 +0100
That spring compressor sounds to me like a DPO addition - there wasn't one
on my (UK) '78, and I don't recall anyone ever mentioning one before on this
or the other forum I haunt.

Mechanically there isn't a great deal different with the '78 that wouldn't
be an issue on your MkIII.  The tach is electronic, since the later
distributor doesn't have a drive for a mechanical tach.  There's a few
wiring differences - but it seems that Triumph changed the wiring, at least
slightly, every couple of months!  Otherwise, most issues that I can think
of are pretty much universal across all Spitfires.  Apart, of course, from
all those DPO mods that make every one of our cars unique...

Richard Gosling

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected.
If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing
stated in this communication shall be legally binding.