Re: Spring Compressor

To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spring Compressor
From: "Kirk Crawford" <kirkbcrawford@kirkanddonna.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:49:47 -0700
> As for things
> to be aware of post '76 is the OPUS electronic ignition.  If and when
> you start having odd ignition problems, my experience is to start here.
> You can either change it back to points, or replace it with something
> like the Petronix.

Hmm...  This car definitely has point ignition system.  It all looks fresh.
The DPO evidently replaced the points, rotor, cap, wires, etc. Prior to the
sale.

However, I did find what looks to me like a power resistor attached to the
bracket on the back of the alternator.  The two connectors on the resistor
are not connected to anything.  Could this be evidence that the ignition has
been changed?

-Kirk