Re: Lost OD

To: "RDRoe" <rdroe@comcast.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lost OD
From: doug@dougbraun.com
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:09:09 -0400
You might want to remove the solenoid, ground it, and make sure the plunger
extends forcefully when
activated.  Also look at whatever it is supposed to be pushing in the case.

Myself,  I have an original gear lever w/ switch.  I lucked out and got it at a
swap meet.

You might be able to get the column-mounted stalk switch used on older cars (MV
III), but it may
not fit on a '80 steering column.

Doug