Re: [Spit] CD 150 Expert?

Subject: Re: [Spit] CD 150 Expert?
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 06:40:22 -0700 (PDT)
The original Spit needles were number B5CH, a.k.a.
B21977.  If you have something different, tell me what
it is and i can look up the dimensions and see how
close it is to the correct needle.

You should inspect the needle and the jet to see if
they are badly worn.  BTW, the type of oil in the
dashpot should have no significant effect on running
rich or lean.  Of course, you need to be sure that the
rubber diaphragm is not messed up.

Another common problem is the needle adjustment (where
the needle is attached to the piston) getting
unscrewed, but this causes lean running.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit