Re: [Spit] CD 150 Expert?

To: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Subject: Re: [Spit] CD 150 Expert?
From: Henry Stike <stiker2126@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 15:32:18 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the reply....
Sorry we haven't replied yet...

I was/am waiting for Henry to take out the needle and
look at it....

He's had to get a real job.... now learning what being
at work on time.... responsibilities.... is all
about...

Will let ya know when we get it off...

Again Thanks for your help!

Donald & Henry Stike

--- Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com> wrote:

> The original Spit needles were number B5CH, a.k.a.
> B21977.  If you have something different, tell me
> what
> it is and i can look up the dimensions and see how
> close it is to the correct needle.
>
> You should inspect the needle and the jet to see if
> they are badly worn.  BTW, the type of oil in the
> dashpot should have no significant effect on running
> rich or lean.  Of course, you need to be sure that
> the
> rubber diaphragm is not messed up.
>
> Another common problem is the needle adjustment
> (where
> the needle is attached to the piston) getting
> unscrewed, but this causes lean running.
>
> Doug Braun
> '72 Spit
>
> --- Henry Stike <stiker2126@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Here's whats up.....
> >
> > Henry playing with the new CD 150 he got from
> Chris
> > last year.... it was the back carb off a set... So
> > he
> > had to drill out a little oriface for a hose to
> > connect.... Now working on tweaking it..... And
> now
> > here's the problem, it seems to be too rich for
> > whatever he does.... Marvel mystery Oil, 30 wt, 90
> > wt,
> > no oil....... you get the picture..... So I told
> > him,
> > the needle is probably wrong since it was in a
> dual
> > setup before....
> >
> > Does anyone have an idea what it might (should)
> be?

The fish are biting.

===     http://www.vtr.org