[Spit] clutch pin query

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spit] clutch pin query
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 18:30:14 -0400
I need some help!  The Spitbits online catalogue shows a clutch pin
and a sleeve.  It has been a long time since I looked at these parts
in person and I don't recall anything resembling a sleeve.  Also I
don't recall exactly how the pin is held in place, whether it is by
friction to the fork pin or friction to the bell housing.  I'm hoping
I can install a new pin without cracking the bell housing from the
block.  But if a sleeve is supposed to reside within the holes in the
pin, I'm not sure there is one now, which means I may have to pull
the thing apart after all.  What I see now (by mirror) is a hole in
the bell housing and holes just about the same diameter in the clutch
arm.  Am I missing something???

Tanks!

--
Jim Muller