Re: [Spits] Spitfire MKII Valuation

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Spitfire MKII Valuation
From: "Mike Welch" <spitfire@freebacon.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 07:51:40 -0700
When my '69 MkIII was hit a few years ago, the insurance company (State
Farm) used values from EBay for the past 12 months exclusively.  They
started off with an offer extremely low, under $200 from what I recall.
After negotiations, it ended up being about $2k.  What convinced them was
the parts that I had in my garage, maintenance records, etc.  That showed
them that it wasn't just an 'old car', but was a rolling rebuild.

Mike Welch