Re: [Spits] Front swaybar

To: "Larry Vaughan" <ljvaughan@pldi.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Front swaybar
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 19:32:31 -0500
If I'm reading your email correctly...that first one went to me!  :-)  The
guy is just down the road from me. It's destined for my FIS6.

Paul G..... care to comment on 1" sway bars?

As to your question....  why would you think a heavier than stock swaybar
would cause under steer?  If anything...perhaps over steer.  But it's all in
the balance and overall setup of your suspension.  I currently run the stock
7/8" bar.  I have Carrera adjustable perch aluminum shocks up front with 300
lbs springs. With the weight transfer of the position of my 6 cyl moved back
6", I'm already amazingly flat in the turns.  But a heavier bar will allow
me to soften my front springs for a smoother ride while maintaining my 'flat
turns'.

I've driven Paul G's Spit with the 1" bar (and he my FIS6)  The near total
lack of 'lean' in a turn is amazing, and very controllable.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com