Re: [Spits] Front swaybar

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] Front swaybar
From: "foxtrapper@aceweb.com" <foxtrapper@aceweb.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 15:11:57 -0800
>If you are speaking of the later (swing-spring) models, that might be pretty
>much accurate.

That is the one I was thinking of when I wrote that it works real well, as
evidenced by its use on
virtually every racing model on the track, yes.

The first paragraphs though apply to any vehicle.  Increasing front roll
stiffness does two things,
decreases body roll (good), increases front tire side loading (bad).

The net result is the balance of the two.  On virtually every car the bad
outweighs the good, giving the
vastly oversimplified chart you mention.  That chart is a good tool.  Even
better is to understand the
engineering behind it.