[Spits] rear deck finisher part # 624801 for Mk IV

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spits] rear deck finisher part # 624801 for Mk IV
From: Stuart Greenwood <sagreenwood@att.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 12:05:56 -0700 (PDT)
Until I looked in the catalogues I was not aware that there was such a thing
as a rear deck finisher.  My car doesn't have one.  On the raised edge  of the
rear deck there is  (a) a metal plate bolted on  which the soft top is riveted
to and (b)  8 black plastic  studs riveted to the deck edge which engage the
poppers of the soft top.
What's the finisher made of? If it goes on the raised edge of the rear deck it
must have holes in it to allow the metal plate to be bolted to the deck
and maybe  the black plastic studs hold it on?  Can anybody enlighten me on
this finisher.

Stuart a Greenwood
71 Mk IV Spitfire, 71Mk 1 Stag