Re: [Spits] Door panels and dash plaque

To: mkcaspian1@aol.com, teamx <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Door panels and dash plaque
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 21:27:24 -0500
Hi John,

If you are talking about the chrome strip at the top edge next to the
window, that is the inner waist seal that is a separate part.  Spit Bits
part # Item #: 612806
.
The finisher trim pads go on first, then the waist seals are held in
place with clips that slide up from the bottom.  It is hard to do with
the windows in place, though I have done it.  You need to either make a
tool out of thin metal - I used the strips that cover the slots for
computer cards or get a tool.  A couple of places sell it now Rimmer
Brothers for one They call it Weatherstrip Clip Fitting Tool part
RX1562.  Plan on dropping several of the clips into the dark recesses of
the doors.

Paul Tegler(I hope that is the correct name) has a wonderful site for
Spitfire Info.  http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/sccaplaques.htm
has details about the plaques.

There used to be some one on the list (Ithink) that was making and
selling them.  I did find this site that sells them
http://www.collectibles-articles.com/antique/SCCA-Dash-Plaque-Rare-1978-and-later-Triumph-Spitfire_270504695246.html

I know nothing about them,

If I were putting one on my dash I think I would use thin double sided tape.

Roger Elliott

mkcaspian1@aol.com wrote:
> Hello - I am replacing the door panels in my 78 Spitfire - that seems to be
> straightforward.  I am also replacing the door finisher trim pads that go on
> top - can't quite figure that out.  In what I am replacing, there is a small
> chrome strip, but no strip on the replacement pads. - how does this all go
> together and how is it all attached?  Also, what do I use to put the dash
> plaque back on my refinsished dashboard, glue?  Should the 78 have dates that
> go up to 73, or all the way to 78?  And finally, where can I find a
> replacement dash plaque?
>
> John -
> 78 Spitfire

Spitfires@autox.team.net