Re: Safety issues

To: jphender@inav.net
Subject: Re: Safety issues
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 17:41:07 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
jphender@inav.net wrote:

> Can anyone give me some advice on how to make my Sprite safer without
> making it ugly?

  What year spridget?

  Some of the later cars have safety features that can
be installed on earlier cars. Doors with side impact
beams, collapsible steering columns, dual circuit
braking, etc.

> I haven't heard anyone say that a roll bar is a bad thing.

 They aren't, but one problem you may have is that the
safer a roll bar is, the more intrusive it is.

  The single bars are the least intrusive, but also the
least helpful especially the kind that allow the top
to still be used. On the other end, roll cages are
very safe but don't allow tops and are very intrusive.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada