1275cc bore?

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1275cc bore?
From: "Matt Liggett" <mliggett-receive-spridgets@elise.kiva.net>
Date: 2 Apr 1998 16:46:29 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
About to take the block to be measured and [maybe] bored.  The Haynes
manual specs the bore at 2.78 in.  For the 948 and 1098 engines it lists
the bore to thousandths.  Does anyone know is the spec 2.780?  I want to
make sure I get this right if it needs bored .020 over (I assume it
will).

Also, what have the rest of you paid for overboring?  I'm at $12/hole
which seems pretty reasonable.

What about crank grinding?  Best I can find locally is $65.  I can beat
that by $20 but the gas to drive that far would be $12 anyway.
--
        Matt Liggett
        '60 Mini, '70 Midget, '89 SAAB 900t SPG