Re: Sacrilege, a bugeye Miata

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Sacrilege, a bugeye Miata
From: Aleksandr Milewski <n6mod@amt.org>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 20:51:02 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Oh please, not again.

Look, I own a Miata, and I own a Midget.

Anyone who trounces a Miata in a Spridget is a far better driver than the
Miata owner, because a stock Miata will run circles around all but the most
modified Spridgets. Start modifying the Miata, and there's no hope.

Not even the same class, guys. Miatas are cheap Japanese knock-offs of the
Lotus Elan. (No, not that '90's FWD abomination, the REAL Elan) They're
also entirely Lucas-free, and downright dull in their reliability. I submit
that by every objective measure, the Miata is superior to the Midget.

That, however, is not the point. I love my Midget because it's a real,
honest, British Roadster. Nothing can come close to the experience, except
maybe a real Elan.

As for a grill on the Bugeye Miata...be careful what you wish for:

http://www.sunriders.com/miatasofnet/jimcreer.jpg

Personally, I can't stand them. If you want a bugeye, get a bugeye, don't
create a half-breed that doesn't do justice to either car.

-Zandr Milewski
 '90 Miata
 '6? Midget MkIII

>Chris Kotting wrote:
>>I'd bet Barney Gaylord would proudly slap one on
>> his car for every Miata he trounced in a gymkhana!  (Maybe a simiilar
>>litle BMW
>> logo, too?)
>>
>> Chris Kotting
>> ckotting@iwaynet.net

Aleksandr Milewski                                              N6MOD
n6mod@amt.org                               http://www.amt.org/n6mod/