Re: Fattest Tire on 13x6 MiniLite Rim?

To: Agustin de la Calle <agustin@risotto.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Fattest Tire on 13x6 MiniLite Rim?
From: Randell Jesup <Randell.Jesup@scala.com>
Date: 16 Apr 1998 19:43:01 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Agustin de la Calle <agustin@risotto.mit.edu> writes:
>It's interesting, but you say that you drove your Midget with these wheels
>without any rubbing? I have tried my Vega GT wheels (13x6) with Yokohamas
>008 tires 185/60-13 (shaved) and heard and smelled a good amount of
>rubbing from the rear square arch fenders. Do you have square arch

        I ran Vega GT wheels on a sprite, but only flared (round-arched,
metal bent outwards to form the flare).  Ditto with running widened stock
wheels - fiberglass rounded flares added and metal cut (I assume).  (No, I
didn't do either of these mods to those cars; I found them that way.)
I think with flares I was able to run 205/60-13's on Vega rims in the rear,
but this may be overkill, and this was an autox car with 1/4 elliptics.

--
Randell Jesup, Scala US R&D, Ex-Commodore-Amiga Engineer class of '94
Randell.Jesup@scala.com