Re: heat shield paint

To: dwramsey@worldnet.att.net, mliggett-receive-spridgets@elise.kiva.net
Subject: Re: heat shield paint
From: Lancer7676 <Lancer7676@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 08:54:43 EDT
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Speaking of painting the heat deflector between the carbs and the engine, I
reported earlier that I had painted mine the same stock, green as I am
painting the engine block and valve cover, BUT I didnt mention that I BAKED
the enamel on.  I felt bakingwould condition the paint to withstand the engine
heat.  I have also baked many other small engine and chassis parts.

To bake, you simply spray the part with enamel and place it into a 350 degree
oven for 30 minutes before it dries. The paint flows nicely into the pits and
crevices, and comes out after cooling with a very hard and shiny finish.
Evacuate the house first due to the odors created.

------David
        '67 Sprite MKIV, Vicky